To Seize the Throne of the Righteous Sun
Check the DMG pg. 272 for complete information. I note the following changes and rulings:
- Some injuries which would normally require a casting of Regenerate to heal may either be healed through lesser means or “compensated for” eventually.
- For instance, magical healing provides a minor form of regeneration if someone just lost or damaged an appendage within one combat round, and there is some semblance of an appendage or organ to repair or re-attach. However, this sort of triage healing may still leave the damaged appendage unusable for the duration of a fight.
- Someone with one eye, for instance, does not necessarily have disadvantage on visual perception checks for the rest of his life, but may still suffer on visual checks which require depth perception no matter what.
- You may use Inspiration to re-roll on the Lingering Injury table as you would any other d20 roll.
- Just a note: This is intended as a last resort of sorts. PCs who want a neat-looking battle scar may simply choose to accrue one when they take the appropriate type of damage, if they want the visual effect without the chance of losing a vital organ or appendage.